Check If Your Tax Refund Will Be Confiscated

Known as “offsets”, if you have a debt with the federal or state government, your tax refund may be taken to pay that debt.

You can check if you have any standing offsets by calling the IRS automated system: (800) 304-3107

While you can check your own offsets, you must have permission from any other persons whose offset you check.

Offsets include: Child Support, Spousal Support, Student Loans, Past-due federal taxes, State Income tax, and State unemployment compensation debt